
Because you only turn 3 once and (as you can tell by the picture) Doug likes to party, he had 2 birthday parties this year. The second was really a valentines day/february birthdays party, but he's the only kid in the family with a february birthday so the cake is always in his theme and the decorations were already up. I thought "Thomas" was on the down-trend but since the party he eats, breathes, and lives Thomas almost exclusively. Looks like Thomas is here to stay.






Happy Birthday Doug! Did you make that cake? It is great! And I am glad there was no biting.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I made that cake and I have to say it was surprisingly super easy. The hardest part was getting it out of the pan - that and frosting the sides. Lucky for Doug my friend down the street has about 45 different shaped pans and Thomas was in the collection. Also it is gluten free and I was amazed (and thrilled) that it worked. We just found out that Doug is crazy allergic to wheat and probably has celiac's disease which runs in Greg's family.
ReplyDeleteoh yeah, and Janae, I know these pictures aren't anything special but thanks for the tip on dragging the shutter - - you probably can't tell that I used it on most of these shots, but I can and I think it made a huge difference, especially on the ones shot at night.
ReplyDeleteThat cake is amazing!
ReplyDelete