So with all the house/moving stuff going on this summer we decided it was best to hang around town instead of taking a vacation. (lame) Being an adult is not very much fun most of the time. Anyway I dragged Greg and the kids up to Virginia City the Saturday before Doug started school and I have to say they had a pretty great time. I highly recommend the trolley tour but other than that I guess you just have to pick and choose what you like. It's been a few years since I've been up there and I was surprised at how much they had to see and do. Maybe things have changed or maybe my parents were just really cheap because all I remember doing as kid was taking the "walking tour" and eating ice cream. (burn)
![]() |
| trolley tour |
![]() |
| waiting for the wild west gun fight to start |
![]() |
| Doug and the cowboys from the wild west show |
![]() |
| on the train |
![]() |
| on the train |
![]() |
| the other train |
![]() |
| eating bubble gum ice cream from "Red's" That's really all she wanted to do and later told us that it was her favorite part of the day. Frankly I don;t know if she remembers anything else we did. |
![]() |
| going for a drive |
![]() |
| camel races (those are every year in September. This is just a sign) |
![]() |
| these guys are volunteers with the historical society that dress up and wander around on weekends to take pictures with tourists. |
![]() |
| Natalie demonstrating the crank during the mine tour |
![]() |
| in the mine |













No comments:
Post a Comment