Anyhow we had a super fun-filled summer (though a short one now that the kids are in school) and afterwards a trip to Disneyland just last week. It was my kid's first time and quite possibly their last....we'll see. As you can see my plate has been really full making up fun things for my kids to do and procrastinating housework (which I am doing right now). I don't really have a theme here so here's some random pictures from our summer. I've been posting a lot of the pictures I would have normally put on the blog on my facebook page; alicialymanphotography (creative right?), in case anyone is interested.
So here goes; an epic photo-journalistic journey through the summer:
Austin (my oldest nephew) graduated from high school and won a car at his sober grad night. I won 2 matinee movie tickets at mine so that was pretty cool too...
The following week we had a crazy hail/rain storm that turned our street into a river and took out several feet of our driveway. On the plus side the mountains here have stayed green all summer (they usually last for about 1 week) but then again the green is all weeds so....
Jared's little girl, Charlotte turned one and Doug graduated from kindergarten. This him with his best bud, Jordan. Sadly Jordan has been re-zoned to a different school. :( We are working on getting them into the same scout troop so they can still hang out a few times each month.
Then he headed off to the ranch for horse riding and for me to shoot a wedding where I got to try out these cool new shots:
When we got back in town Nat had a princess photo shoot with some friends in this awesome yard.
the fountains,
sierra safari zoo (it was my first time there and I must say it was well worth the admission....on free admission day.)
On the 4th the kids got up early for a sunrise hot air balloon ride that was later followed by a BBQ, swimming, and fireworks.
The following day we headed up to Virginia City with Ashly and Chris. This was taken at the wild west show. Admission is $4 and they have 2 or 3 shows a day (we got our tickets in a packaged deal which I highly recommend doing if you go up for the day. They'll customize it for you and visitor's center and you get a discount.) Anyhow I mention it because these cowboys are professional cowboy actors. That's right, they do this for a living and they are not even good at it. Sad.
The following week we went to a Lyman family reunion at Antelope lake. We were supposed to be right next to the lake and we were, sort of. Anyhow Ellen and the Bish got us this sweet ride for the lake so all in all it was pretty good.
While we were there I tried my hand at star trails...
We made fairy light jars one night. If you try it, go with the green or orange glow sticks. The other colors did not work nearly as well.
We did some fishing...(and when I say 'we' I do not mean that I participated)
We swam a lot and had some fun rides.
Even Ellen and the Bish had fun....
...until this happened. Good thing they were dressed for swimming. not!
We did some art town stuff. Natalie liked it.
At the end of July we went back to the ranch for a ranchy weekend, but sadly we were a few days late for the peek of a not great blackberry season.
While we were there, Jimmy had his 2 year pics taken. I saw this idea on facebook and HAD to do it.
Grandma and Grandpa got their pool all pimped out so we of course had to take advantage of that.
Also I gave the star trails another try. Much better results the second time.
The following day the kids were in a Hot August Nights Parade with Grandpa. They loved throwing candy and waving at the crowds.
On the last day of summer break we went to Wild Waters with our ward's playgroup. Summer fun.
And this totally happened, even though he insisted his legs were crossed until he saw the picture...
Of course he had to spend another weekend at the ranch...
The first week of September I went to the balloon races for the first time because my friend got some press passes for us. Not gonna lie - - it was pretty cool.
Then I brought Doug back the next morning for a glow show that never happened due to a huge gust of wind that knocked a bunch of balloons over and even damaged a few of them (on their flames).
Doug was happy to be there anyway and he got to try out the bungee tramp.
They still launched after a delay.























































I love your blog and I do look at it! (when I remember....)
ReplyDelete